Tuesday 2 June 2015

Pennine Sinfonia Spring Concert

Pennine Sinfonia is a 'scratch' orchestra of professionals, students, graduates and teachers. Biannual concerts are held in aid of Jessie's Fund, a charity that helps children with complex needs through music.

"Music is a powerful way to interact, particularly for kids with communication difficulties."


Saturday's spring concert was held in St Paul's Hall in Huddersfield. As with the previous concerts, I designed and made the tickets, along with a few other decorative pieces...

For this concert I hand cut a sea of silent silhouette trumpeters. I also made a number of custom tickets, cut from purple card and embellished with gold glitter initials, for audience members who RSVP'd.

"I've never seen more attractive tickets for a concert!"


For front-of-house table decorations I hand cut purple flags in a similar design to the poster above, and stood them in glass jars beside handmade paper flowers. I finished the jars with mini tassel bunting. The colour palette throughout was black, purple and gold.


The front of the table was decorated with a handmade tassel banner. These banners are really easy to make, Pinterest has lots of tutorials! (Tip: cut the strips nice and thin.)

I was really happy with how my pieces looked (I received some lovely feedback!) but as always there are a few things I would do differently next time...

Below you can see the fully decorated table. That's my friend Fliss being all smiley and front-of-house!


The concert was a success, raising lots of money for Jessie's Fund!


Do you like my designs and colour palette? What would you have done differently?

Until next week...

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment