Tuesday 3 May 2016

Transition

"Here Comes Everyone (HCE) is a quarterly literary magazine of poetry, fiction, articles and artwork based around topical and interesting issues (Colours, Dinosaurs, Prophecy, NHS etc)."*


For the latest issue, HCE asked for submissions interpreting the theme Transition:

- Is change a good thing?
- Have you undergone, or are you undergoing, an external transition?
- Have you undergone, or are you undergoing, an internal transition?

When I hear the word 'transition' I think of gender, seasons (leaves and rebirth), superheroes, and time (aging and the inevitable cycles of life)...

I also think of lunar transitions.


"The progression of one lunar cycle to the next creates a natural and continuing spiral of personal growth and evolutionary opportunity."**

Every month the moon transitions from new to full (as we see it from our vantage point on Earth). I cut the cycle from a single piece of card, with a handful of stars to punctuate it:
 

To add perspective I also papercut a tiny, floral Earth:


I scanned both pieces and added some Photoshop magic... Below is the finished piece that I submitted to Here Comes Everyone:

Lunar Transitions (2016) Copyright Oh Cut It Out

What does the word 'transition' mean to you?

Until next week...

-Karen 

*http://herecomeseveryone.me/about/
**lunarplanner.com

Here Comes Everyone (HCE) is a quarterly literary magazine of poetry, fiction, articles and artwork based around topical and interesting issues (Colours, Dinosaurs, Prophecy, NHS etc.) - See more at: http://herecomeseveryone.me/about/#sthash.CIgttsbh.dpuf
Here Comes Everyone (HCE) is a quarterly literary magazine of poetry, fiction, articles and artwork based around topical and interesting issues (Colours, Dinosaurs, Prophecy, NHS etc.) - See more at: http://herecomeseveryone.me/about/#sthash.CIgttsbh.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment