Tuesday 16 February 2016

Bridal Fayre

On Saturday 13th February Oh Cut It Out set up a table at the Jena Louise Local Bridal Fayre alongside a select group of local wedding suppliers!
 

Oh Cut It Out's table was filled with handmade cards, mini flags, save the date postcards, and papercuts of varying sizes. Initially I was concerned I wouldn't be able to fill a table... As you can see below, I didn't have any trouble!


During a practice set up I discovered I needed to create height at the back of the table to prevent the A4 papercuts from becoming lost behind the other products... I improvised with a couple of boxes tucked beneath the table cover! At future craft fairs I will stagger the height of products even more, to prevent papercuts disappearing behind one another.

 

I was really pleased that the mini flags, personalised with names and a date or used as table numbers, were received so well. As one customer pointed out, you could keep them after the wedding as a keepsake!

The save the date postcards, a relatively new Oh Cut It Out product, also went down well. One customer said they were exactly what she had been looking for!


Typically there were a few things I would've done differently. At future fayres I will use smaller price tags so that the focus is on the papercut rather than the price... I will also use a plain table cover, as I found the patterned table cover a little distracting.


I had a great time at the Jena Louise Local Bridal Fayre and I was really happy with all of the positive comments my papercut products received! I'm already looking forward to the next fayre, although I think I need to work on my sales speech!

What do you think of my table layout?

Until next time...

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment