Tuesday 5 May 2015

Goals

Oh Cut It Out has a lot of growing to do in the coming months, before the training wheels can come off. Below are some of the key goals that have my full attention:
  
  • Fully cohesive brand. Oh Cut It Out is in an experimental  phase as I trial various papercut styles and products. I'm confident that in time the Oh Cut It Out products, logo, and brand photos will come together to form a cohesive paper chain.

  • Improved photos. I've set myself a challenge to create beautiful, eye catching photos and a cohesive instagram feed. Lots of flowers, donuts, and colour! Take a look and tell me how I'm doing!

  • Befriend etsy designer/makers and form a Derby etsy team. Being part of a community is really important, especially when you work from home. I was disheartened when I couldn't find a Derby etsy team to join, until I heard Caitlin Moran's voice in my head telling me to start one myself! Calling all Derby etsy designer/makers, let's build a community and support one another!
  
  • Reach 100 'likes' on facebook. I was feeling under pressure to share a finished papercut every day until I realised this is unrealistic, and ultimately lowers the quality of my work. Now my focus is on producing interesting, shareable content, such as works in progress and artists I admire.

  • Craft fair(s). I am planning for Oh Cut It Out to have its first table at one of Derby's craft fairs this year. I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow local crafters, and showing off my products!

What are your current work goals?

Until next week...

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment